Heard this phrase before? “Practice make permanent?”. My team and I been working and practicing DT back to back with some clients, so much so we forget how much “DT” is embedded to our brain – almost permanently. We think we are experiencing symptoms of DTO. Are you? Here the 10 symptoms of DTO – design thinking overdrive:
- When you see someone carrying brown carton boxes, you think it is a prototype.
- You run to a group of people in a mall holding paper folders because you thought they are looking for Testers.
- You seriously believe that crazy & wild ideas are ideas worth exploring…
You have Sharpie pens inside your jeans, leather bag, laptop bag, handbag, satchel, wristlet and stucked on your t-shirt!
- Joking around is considered brainstorming to you (except everyone else!)
- You doodle more and speak less, to deepen the “conversation”.
- Every question starts with How Might…..
- Sitting down makes you feel strapped to the chair, you stand up to listen.
- Everything you can get your hands on can be a prototype – instantaneously!
You sleep on your ideas and think about it meditatively! The next day, viola!
- It seems no one can stop you from doing something about any problem. Who’s stopping you anyway?
It turns out there are 11 symptoms of DTO! It’s really driving us “mutts”!
Brickbats please send to email@example.com
or visit us at www.designthinking.com.my